Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we rename the forum?

Can we rename the forum?
Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:14 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Yes, jerry, as I walked through a riot last night, the thought that preoccupied me was the fear that I'd get home to find some criticism of something I'd posted. You're a joke, jerry.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:43 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:14 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Yes, jerry, as I walked through a riot last night, the thought that preoccupied me was the fear that I'd get home to find some criticism of something I'd posted.  You're a joke, jerry.

I don't start shit.  Don't flip your lid if you start shit and then don't get compliments.

Can we rename the forum?
I don't really think you're garbage, though.

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:05 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:03 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:46 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion either, but we're generally polite enough not to shit on it.

You have no ground to speak from as every fucking time I engage you, your goto response is to shit on me for my supposed failings in your eyes which include being muddled, indecipherable, a liar, a fraud, and a manipulator.  So, others can tell me what they think, and I will respect it.  You, specifically, can go fuck yourself and your butthurt umbrage because you are a lying, dishonest and disrespectful cunt engaging in the height of hypocrisy.

Lol.  What garbage you are.

Mercy.  
Oh Jerrold. Goodness gracious. 
Are we picking fights again this week ? 
Every one is dishonest, except you of course. She's "garbage". Really ? 
Perhaps you should go where the posters are worthy of you.
Test

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:05 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:03 AM)Dānu Wrote: You have no ground to speak from as every fucking time I engage you, your goto response is to shit on me for my supposed failings in your eyes which include being muddled, indecipherable, a liar, a fraud, and a manipulator.  So, others can tell me what they think, and I will respect it.  You, specifically, can go fuck yourself and your butthurt umbrage because you are a lying, dishonest and disrespectful cunt engaging in the height of hypocrisy.

Lol.  What garbage you are.

Mercy.  
Oh Jerrold. Goodness gracious. 
Are we picking fights again this week ? 
Every one is dishonest, except you of course. She's "garbage". Really ? 
Perhaps you should go where the posters are worthy of you.

I actually think you're okay too Bucky.  I like the way you go after the theists who wander in here.

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:47 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:43 AM)Dānu Wrote:

Yes, jerry, as I walked through a riot last night, the thought that preoccupied me was the fear that I'd get home to find some criticism of something I'd posted.  You're a joke, jerry.

I don't start shit.  Don't flip your lid if you start shit and then don't get compliments.

I didn't flip my lid, and my response was explicitly aimed at you and you alone, as clearly explained a very short time ago. That you should try to spin that another way now in your usual kneejerk defensiveness of your ego isn't surprising. Funny, but expected.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:58 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:47 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:43 AM)Dānu Wrote: Yes, jerry, as I walked through a riot last night, the thought that preoccupied me was the fear that I'd get home to find some criticism of something I'd posted.  You're a joke, jerry.

I didn't flip my lid, and my response was explicitly aimed at you and you alone, as clearly explained a very short time ago.  That you should try to spin that another way now in your usual kneejerk defensiveness of your ego isn't surprising.  Funny, but expected.

No, you pretty much flipped your lid.  Scroll up, it's right there.

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 02:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:58 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:47 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I don't start shit.  Don't flip your lid if you start shit and then don't get compliments.

I didn't flip my lid, and my response was explicitly aimed at you and you alone, as clearly explained a very short time ago.  That you should try to spin that another way now in your usual kneejerk defensiveness of your ego isn't surprising.  Funny, but expected.

No, you pretty much flipped your lid.  Scroll up, it's right there.

You must be one of them mind readers. I used some very harsh words. IMHO, deserved. Maybe you aren't the one who should have been implying that I have a thin skin here.

Vivekananda

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 02:05 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 01:58 AM)Dānu Wrote: I didn't flip my lid, and my response was explicitly aimed at you and you alone, as clearly explained a very short time ago. That you should try to spin that another way now in your usual kneejerk defensiveness of your ego isn't surprising. Funny, but expected.
acc
No, you pretty much flipped your lid. Scroll up, it's right there.

You must be one of them mind readers. I used some very harsh words. IMHO, deserved. Maybe you aren't the one who should have been implying that I have a thin skin here.

Any harsh words I ever used against you were IMHO deserved (except the garbage one, I was just pissed). I do have thin skin and am not good at just letting others take shots at me, though I have put some effort lately into being more agreeable and passive and compliant.

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 02:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:05 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: acc
No, you pretty much flipped your lid.  Scroll up, it's right there.

You must be one of them mind readers.  I used some very harsh words.  IMHO, deserved.  Maybe you aren't the one who should have been implying that I have a thin skin here.

Any harsh words I ever used against you were IMHO deserved (except the garbage one, I was just pissed).  I do have thin skin and am not good at just letting others take shots at me, though I have put some effort lately into being more agreeable and passive and compliant.

It's alright. I just wish you were better than you are.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Fireball, Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 12:46 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:13 AM)Dānu Wrote: So many tiny violins, such a tiny symphony.

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion either, but we're generally polite enough not to shit on it.

Holy cow. I felt that punch and it wasn't even directed at me.  Sadcryface

I might as well confess that broke my generally apathetic attitude toward that guy in the white house today and made a comment in the NY Times. It's the top rated article comment so far - I feel so validated!  Big Grin

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Alan V, Mr Greene

Can we rename the forum?
(05-29-2020, 01:01 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 02:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 12:23 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Fun fact: (now we're totally off topic, sorry, @Vera! )
Men's razors are cheaper but better quality than women's razors. I don't miss the pastel lavender and pink razors. The "manly" black ones at least don't give me razor burn.

-Teresa

My son's mother used to use my razors. Holy moly, she could chew 'em up.

I was never able to convince my wife that my face is smaller than her legs, and wear the blade out a lot quicker. I could always tell when she used it.

There ain't no lyin' when it comes to that, because my jawline knows the facts.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • LastPoet, Fireball