Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist experience

Atheist experience
Do you know Matt Dillahunty? Huh
Well do you know Matt Dillahunty 72hrs on nicotine withdrawal? ROFL2
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • c172

Atheist experience
Not sure what the joke is here, as I havn't kept up with the AE in some time, but I have enjoyed the AE podcast/show as well as some of the other shows they put out.

The AE show itself I find hilarious as the host has clearly just given up trying to explain what evidence is to Theists and now just shouts at them  ROFL2

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 08:22 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: Not sure what the joke is here, as I havn't kept up with the AE in some time, but I have enjoyed the AE podcast/show as well as some of the other shows they put out.

The AE show itself I find hilarious as the host has clearly just given up trying to explain what evidence is to Theists and now just shouts at them  ROFL2

Beats me too. I don't follow podcasts or whatever he is doing.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • SYZ

Atheist experience
Yeah, used to enjoy watching, but stopped a few years ago and haven't seen it since.

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 12:12 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, used to enjoy watching, but stopped a few years ago and haven't seen it since.

So was he a poster or a podcaster or both?

Atheist experience
He pretty much ran the show. I've met him at various atheist events, he was always pretty mellow. But you can only do something, anything, for so long before it starts to grind on you.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Atheist experience
I've seen a few videos of him debating others either one on one or tag team. Seems like a good guy and fellow comrade in arms.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 12:15 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 12:12 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, used to enjoy watching, but stopped a few years ago and haven't seen it since.

So was he a poster or a podcaster or both?

Atheist Experience

Matt Dillahunty

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 01:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I've seen a few videos of him debating others either one on one or tag team.  Seems like a good guy and fellow comrade in arms.
He was pown epically once. A poe called in and ran him around the block on several pieces of xtian bullshit.

The funny part was he wound up marrying her when people stopped laughing about that. Hug

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 01:36 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 01:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I've seen a few videos of him debating others either one on one or tag team.  Seems like a good guy and fellow comrade in arms.
He was pown epically once. A poe called in and ran him around the block on several pieces of xtian bullshit.

The funny part was he wound up marrying her when people stopped laughing about that.  Hug
They divorced in the meantime
R.I.P. Hannes

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 01:58 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 01:36 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

The funny part was he wound up marrying her when people stopped laughing about that.  Hug
They divorced in the meantime
Haven't kept up. Modest

Atheist experience
I used to watch, but lost interest, since it's just more of the same.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Atheist experience
Used to watch but eventually it just got tiring. As did debating the existence of god.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Atheist experience
Did anybody ever change their mind on anything?
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 05:34 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Did anybody ever change their mind on anything?

I think serious committed theists can change their minds and become atheists.  I've always wondered if a serious committed atheist has ever become a theist (more than, say, a fuzzy kind of deism).  I know there's supposedly legendary cases and certainly it's in any pastor's interest to say he used to not believe ("...and then one day I read the bible and found the truth!"), but I don't know if I believe it.

Atheist experience
I wish I had a dollar for every jesus freak jackass who showed up at AF.org with that line of shit.  ("I used to be an atheist but then JESUS stroked my pecker!")  I don't see it so much over here.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Atheist experience
Not the format really but seeing the BS not make a dent should have an effect on the audience over time.

Atheist experience
Love that show.  Every once in a while I go back and watch some of the shows.  The show about his hyper religious mother sending him a birthcard with a religious blessing and the hope that he'll stop his evil ways was a real gem.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Deesse23, brunumb

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 05:59 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I wish I had a dollar for every jesus freak jackass who showed up at AF.org with that line of shit.  ("I used to be an atheist but then JESUS stroked my pecker!")  I don't see it so much over here.

Since I am not there anymore, you will feel confortable to return. Plenty of those over there and  Shell and Tibs would welcome you. -Valério- the son of a bitch.

Atheist experience
It wasn't you, personally.  I knew how things worked over there.  The team did things by consensus so it wasn't you alone.

That said, you were just one of the gang that thought the more fucking rules you had in place the better.  I had no use for the "Plays Well With Others" horseshit that came to dominate.  Between that and Vorlon dying and a few others packing it in it all got to be too much.

This is better.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Atheist experience
I've never indulged in atheist programming, so I don't know that I've ever seen his stuff.
On hiatus.

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 05:34 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Did anybody ever change their mind on anything?

Well, I was a Liberal Republican once. But they chased me away. And I changed my mind about spinach once I discovered the whole leaf unfrozen kind. Big pot, 2 minutes wilting, great stuff.

Atheist experience
(05-11-2020, 08:04 PM)Minimalist Wrote: It wasn't you, personally.  I knew how things worked over there.  The team did things by consensus so it wasn't you alone.

That said, you were just one of the gang that thought the more fucking rules you had in place the better.  I had no use for the "Plays Well With Others" horseshit that came to dominate.  Between that and Vorlon dying and a few others packing it in it all got to be too much.

This is better.

I created the voting system and it worked well, but then Tibs wanted Shell to return to staff... I was the only one against, I told him there would be conflict, but he did it anyway... I went against the rules upon rules, including the threat titles one. I was stopped because the majority voted for them. I always wanted a simple set of rules like it was 10 years ago, sure it may be a bit subjective to enforce, that was why there is a staff and the quorum system I devised. Oh well, moved on too and apologise for my delivery if that was the case. Let them have Drich and know exactly why he has been tolerated there for so long. Suffice to say the forum owner is a libertarian capitalist.

Atheist experience
(05-12-2020, 01:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

Well, I was a Liberal Republican once.  But they chased me away.  And I changed my mind about spinach once I discovered the whole leaf unfrozen kind.  Big pot, 2 minutes wilting, great stuff.
No change on gay sex then? Consider