Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Australia,

Dear Australia,
So exactly WHY did you acquit the motherfucker?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/austral...etermines/

Quote:Australia’s Cardinal Pell knew of Catholic clergy abuse for decades: inquiry determines

Yours Truly,
The Civilized World
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

Dear Australia,
I blame the supposed justice system lining its pockets with corrupt Catholic money.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Finite Monkeys

Dear Australia,
Since when are religious leaders answerable to the same law as the rest of us?
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 1 user Likes Reltzik's post:
  • Fireball

Dear Australia,
(05-07-2020, 11:21 AM)Reltzik Wrote: Since when are religious leaders answerable to the same law as the rest of us?

Point taken, though I'm in the US. It's the same here in California, with a known criminal (Cardinal Mahony) that the DA won't even prosecute. The RCC still has too much political sway.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Dear Australia,
(05-07-2020, 05:59 AM)Minimalist Wrote: So exactly WHY did you acquit the motherfucker?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/austral...etermines/

Quote:Australia’s Cardinal Pell knew of Catholic clergy abuse for decades: inquiry determines

Yours Truly,
The Civilized World

Because that's not what he was acquitted on. Everyone knows he's a lying scumcunt.
The following 1 user Likes Aractus's post:
  • adey67

Dear Australia,
Fpr anybody interested in George Pell's history, this is a detailed listing with links:

The Legal Trials of George Pell – Timeline

This image in particular makes me feel emotionally vomitous...

[Image: 2220.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma...93ba0a01af]

This image shows Pell appearing at paedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale's trial as his "clergy support" person.
Ridsdale and Pell lived together in the same house in Ballarat, but Pell has always denied knowing of Ridsdale's
multiple sexual assaults.  My guess is that Pell supported Ridsdale for two reasons:  
1)  To minimise and/or influence what Ridsdale said about Pell himself—which could incriminate him,
2)  To ensure that Ridsadale toed the Catholic church's long-term line of defence—even at the risk of perjuring himself.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-05-07-The-legal-trials-o...line-1.png]

This diagram represents the legal hierarchy here in Victoria.  Pell's case was first held in the County Court of Victoria,
where a judge and  a 12-person jury found Pell to be guilty as charged.  He them appealed to the Supreme Court of
Victoria, which also found him guilty as determined by the lower court.  Finally, and successfully, he appealed to the
High Court of Australia at which three out of 3 judges acquitted him of all charges.

[Image: Court-Hierarchy-v2.PNG]

As Marcellus said:  "Something's rotten in the state of Denmark" in this case.     Angry
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist

Dear Australia,
From ABC News Australia, 14 May 2020:

On 7 May this year, it was revealed that the Royal Commission report found that George Pell knew about
the abuse committed by pedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale
and that when he was a member of the Diocese
of Ballarat's College of Consultors, he deliberately took part in the effort to cover it up by approving Ridsdale's
transfer
from the Mortlake parish in Ballarat to Sydney in 1982.   At least one of Ridsdale's victims, his nephew
David Ridsdale, testified that Pell "tried to bribe" him "into keeping quiet" during a February 1983 phone
conversation.

Though doubt was cast on how David interpreted the conversation, the Commission also found that Pell "turned
his mind" to Ridsdale taking his boy victims on overnight camps.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Dear Australia,
(05-14-2020, 01:21 PM)SYZ Wrote: From ABC News Australia, 14 May 2020:

On 7 May this year, it was revealed that the Royal Commission report found that George Pell knew about the abuse committed by pedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale and that when he was a member of the Diocese of Ballarat's College of Consultors, he deliberately took part in the effort to cover it up by approving Ridsdale's transfer from the Mortlake parish in Ballarat to Sydney in 1982.   At least one of Ridsdale's victims, his nephew David Ridsdale, testified that Pell "tried to bribe" him "into keeping quiet" during a February 1983 phone conversation.

Though doubt was cast on how David interpreted the conversation, the Commission also found that Pell "turned his mind" to Ridsdale taking his boy victims on overnight camps.

Right, but none of that means he sexually abused boys himself. Just means he's lied to the "Royal" Commission. Note the inverted commas as I for one don't recognise foreign royal authority over our country.