Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories

https://twitter.com/JuddApatow/status/12...06593?s=19

Apparently Netflix "predicted" the pandemic. It's not that hard to when we already had a pandemic years ago (Swine flu). It's not even that surprising that a documentary about pandemics could bring up the possibility of another pandemic. Not to mention scientists are always aware of the possibility of the next pandemic, because, y'know, they're smart. Wow. Must be conspiracy.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Phaedrus

That isn't the half of it.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/coron...and-myths/
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis, brunumb

(04-11-2020, 01:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That isn't the half of it.

Yeah, the 5g one is even more absurd. I know we're supposed to debunk this stuff calmly, and the other strategy (berating others for their beliefs) probably doesn't help, but I can't help but think some people are just really fucking stupid and need to be metaphorically slapped around.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Minimalist, Szuchow

(04-11-2020, 01:46 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

Yeah, the 5g one is even more absurd. I know we're supposed to debunk this stuff calmly, and the other strategy (berating others for their beliefs) probably doesn't help, but I can't help but think some people are just really fucking stupid and need to be metaphorically slapped around.

It's just really hard for me to not laugh at people so stupid they believe that a virus can be transmitted by electromagnetic waves.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Astreja

Panic  My computer has a virus from China!

Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

[Image: ngcb7]
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo, Alan V, Fireball

(04-11-2020, 03:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: [Image: ngcb7]

Maybe because that's their fucking job?  hobo

Also COVID-19 is not the only coronavirus, and it's absolutely false we knew nothing about it, considering SARS is caused by a coronavirus.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball

(04-11-2020, 03:30 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Also COVID-19 is not the only coronavirus, and it's absolutely false we knew nothing about it, considering SARS is caused by a coronavirus.

Fake News®.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Here it is again, the conspiracy mind at work.  Events that change history can't possibly be a natural cause.  Nope. Someone, somewhere is pulling strings to make it happen.   Religious nuts kinda do the same thing except from a different angle.  It's god using nature to punish sinful humans.      Facepalm
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Deesse23

(04-11-2020, 02:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

It's just really hard for me to not laugh at people so stupid they believe that a virus can be transmitted by electromagnetic waves.

But, you see that way they do not have to take any personal responsibility for spreading it.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(04-11-2020, 03:46 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Here it is again, the conspiracy mind at work.  Events that change history can't possibly be a natural cause.  Nope. Someone, somewhere is pulling strings to make it happen.   Religious nuts kinda do the same thing except from a different angle.  It's god using nature to punish sinful humans.      Facepalm

"God is allowing Satan to walk the Earth in the form of this virus. Those who are pure of heart and love the one true God will not fall to this evil."
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Big Grin 

I hope churches across the south are packed tomorrow!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(04-11-2020, 03:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Big Grin 

I hope churches across the south are packed tomorrow!
Those churches that used to be garages behind some dilapidated piece of shit house that would be illegal to use as a sty are always crowded these days. You can find them in valleys where the sun penetrates to the valley floor maybe 3-4 hours a day.

https://twitter.com/the_movic/status/124...17088?s=19

"How do you predict that a virus will break out if you're not the one that engineered it"

Truly impeccable logic! Wallbash
  • Thumpalumpacus

(04-11-2020, 03:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: https://twitter.com/the_movic/status/124...17088?s=19

"How do you predict that a virus will break out if you're not the one that engineered it"

Truly impeccable logic! Wallbash

"There were no viruses before Big Pharma 'discovered' vaccines for them."
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Get a load of America's second-favorite asshole:

[Image: David-Duke-tweet.jpg]
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

"Duke" is a slang word for "shit". Just sayin'.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis

"We are able to be right only because we possess the capacity to be wrong."
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

One of my interests is apocalypse fiction, I have many many books both hard copies and digital on nuclear war natural disasters doomsday asteroids and pandemics. You could take the books on fictional pandemics of which I have about 7 and read into every one of them predictive qualities and similarity with coronavirus, hell the mainstream movie Contagion has many spooky similarities with covid-19 and that's because predicting pandemics is an actual science and viral pandemics follow certain similar patterns not because of conspiracies but because of science, similarities do not prove conspiracies, similarities prove that the writers paid due diligence and did their research into the science before putting pen to paper that's all.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Alan V, Finite Monkeys

It doesn't help that some celebrities are giving "credence" to these claims.  Oh a celebrity believes it so it must be true. *eye roll*
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow

(04-11-2020, 03:49 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 02:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:46 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Yeah, the 5g one is even more absurd. I know we're supposed to debunk this stuff calmly, and the other strategy (berating others for their beliefs) probably doesn't help, but I can't help but think some people are just really fucking stupid and need to be metaphorically slapped around.

But, you see that way they do not have to take any personal responsibility for spreading it.

They're still face-down in their phones, those Typhoid Maries.
On hiatus.

(04-11-2020, 04:27 PM)adey67 Wrote: One of my interests is apocalypse fiction, I have many many books both hard copies and digital on nuclear war natural disasters doomsday asteroids and pandemics. You could take the books on fictional pandemics of which I have about 7 and read into every one of them predictive qualities and similarity with coronavirus, hell the mainstream movie Contagion has many spooky similarities with covid-19 and that's because predicting pandemics is an actual science and viral pandemics follow certain similar patterns not because of conspiracies but because of science, similarities do not prove conspiracies, similarities prove that the writers paid due diligence and did their research into the science before putting pen to paper that's all.

Remember "OUTBREAK"? Whistling
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • adey67

Conspiracy for certain, because Lysol products do not say coronavirus on them. Neither do the Clorox containers.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, adey67

(04-11-2020, 05:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:

Conspiracy for certain, because Lysol products do not say coronavirus on them. Neither do the Clorox containers.

Not any more ... once this got out they had to change 'em all.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball, TheGentlemanBastard

(04-11-2020, 05:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:

The fake ones don't! Duh.
  • Thumpalumpacus