Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who the hell does God think He is?

It's a new video new format! I have several of these shorter 5 mins or less videos. let me know what you think of the format and presentation. and if this would be ok for a visual.

I was told my clip art really did not have enough to do with my spoken subject matter and was distracting. So I did this one around an old radio I have the idea being you are listening to a 5 or 10 min radio show like I use to.

This video is about the separation of how we tend to think of God and how God defines himself. and how God's biblical title is so much smarter than what bronze age men could have every awarded him. That even now today's philosophers and wanna be naysayers can't find fault in his self description. unlike the descriptions and titles we give him which are riddled with contradiction and paradox.

Fuck your videos, fuck your god and fuck you.

You said you were leaving. Why are you still here touting your nonsense to people who do not give a flying fuck, you lying liar who lies?
The following 5 users Like Finite Monkeys's post:
  • adey67, brunumb, Paleophyte, Gwaithmir, SYZ

Quote:This video is about the separation of how we tend to think of God and how God defines himself.

We??  Did you forget that this is an atheist forum?

You haven't even provided any falsifiable evidence your god exists. There is no "We".
                                                         T4618
The following 6 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, TheGentlemanBastard, brunumb, Paleophyte, Gwaithmir, SYZ

(03-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote: Fuck your videos, fuck your god and fuck you.

Another video, huh?  Well now I'll definitely never open the OP.

(03-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote: You said you were leaving. Why are you still here touting your nonsense to people who do not give a flying fuck, you lying liar who lies?

That would be great news but given the source I'd never believe it.

(03-05-2020, 04:16 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
Quote:This video is about the separation of how we tend to think of God and how God defines himself.

You haven't even provided any falsifiable evidence your god exists.  There is no "We".

Maybe he has a mouse in his pocket.  A very small mouse.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I say god isn't, therefore no thinking.

Who the hell does Superman think he is? Answer: What ever the writers say.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Unsapien

You haven't even provided any falsifiable evidence your god exists.  There is no "We".
Pluralis majestatis Winking
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 4 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • skyking, Bucky Ball, adey67, Paleophyte

Dripshit always reminds me of this quotation.

Quote:“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

― Anne Lamott
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Deesse23, Mark, adey67, Tres Leches

All falsification tells you is whether or not a scientific theory is scientific or not.

So the study of God is not... No that intellectual discipline is identified as theology. This form of study has it's own vetting process. it is a way we prove God is real.

For a stoop-id person this would be they mean when they say falsification in science. So yes we do have a falsification process for you.

We refers to my unnamed sponsor. the company who pays me to not work so I can do these videos. But I'm not allow to advertise for as that would be a violation of the rules.

(03-05-2020, 05:24 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:

Pluralis majestatis  Winking
actually it's more accuratly described as: 

sponsorus-bigbuckacus..
thumbsup2

(03-05-2020, 04:02 PM)Drich Wrote:

It's a new video new format! I have several of these shorter 5 mins or less videos. let me know what you think of the format and presentation. and if this would be ok for a visual.

I was told my clip art really did not have enough to do with my spoken subject matter and was distracting. So I did this one around an old radio I have the idea being you are listening to a 5 or 10 min radio show like I use to.

This video is about the separation of how we tend to think of God and how God defines himself. and how God's biblical title is so much smarter than what bronze age men could have every awarded him. That even now today's philosophers and wanna be naysayers can't find fault in his self description. unlike the descriptions and titles we give him which are riddled with contradiction and paradox.

If you are going to post these links here, it is only polite to give readers, (If any) an outline as to what it is all about, and the point your little video is supposed to make.  Just plopping down a link like this is considered a bit rude, or even as spamming.  Just a suggestion.

Needs more cowbell and cute kittens.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

Quote:Needs more cowbell and cute kittens.

I'm also assuming it needs less jesus bullshit, too.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(03-05-2020, 05:49 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 04:02 PM)Drich Wrote:

If you are going to post these links here, it is only polite to give readers, (If any) an outline as to what it is all about, and the point your little video is supposed to make.  Just plopping down a link like this is considered a bit rude, or even as spamming.  Just a suggestion.

hey dumbass. Can i call you slow charlie? how about Slow moe??? two things. In the OP I do give a synopsis of he video. Then I gave you a specific invitation to a post you had asking question and pointing out the paradoxical nature of God. I told YOU specifically this video was create/just finished and it was about the very topic you brought UP!

Do you EVER think before you speak?

Might want to consider it.

Who gives a shit.
.. but I'm sure you think you know, and will attempt to tell us in yet another monotone stupid video.

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Romans 11: 33-34 "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor ?."   LMAO

This arrogant fool, who claims to be "Bible based" not only is not a Christian, NOT "Bible based", he thinks he knows the mind of his god.

So we get spammed with another monotone video, (presumed). You couldn't pay me to watch it.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • adey67

(03-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Drich Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 04:02 PM)Drich Wrote: It's a new video new format! I have several of these shorter 5 mins or less videos. let me know what you think of the format and presentation. and if this would be ok for a visual.

hey dumbass. Can i call you slow charlie? how about Slow moe??? two things. In the OP I do give a synopsis of he video. Then I gave you a specific invitation to a post you had asking question and pointing out the paradoxical nature of God. I told YOU specifically this video was create/just finished and it was about the very topic you brought UP!

In other words, your idea is that the bible is revelation from God and claims about the nature of God are therefore true.  Bible literalism and revelation that tells us about what God is, and is not.

Kind of hard to tell from your description.  Now, how can we test these claims?  Scientifically i mean?

(03-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Drich Wrote: hey dumbass. bla bla bla ...

You clearly don't.
Great marketing style there Dripshit.
So very Christian of you.
How about you give us the website of the church you claim you go to, and the Christian sites you post on,
and we'll see what they think of your hermeneutic of insult style.

How do you know god is a "he" ?
Has his dick been revealed to you ?

LOL
Test

(03-05-2020, 06:30 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Drich Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 05:49 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: If you are going to post these links here, it is only polite to give readers, (If any) an outline as to what it is all about, and the point your little video is supposed to make.  Just plopping down a link like this is considered a bit rude, or even as spamming.  Just a suggestion.

In other words, your idea is that the bible is revelation from God and claims about the nature of God are therefore true.  Bible literalism and revelation that tells us about what God is, and is not.

Kind of hard to tell from your description.  Now, how can we test these claims?  Scientifically i mean?
they solve all of your little paradoxes don't they? "the revelation about God found in the bible?"

And why would you be so daft as to try and fit the round peg of theology into the square shaped peg of science?

Can't you think for yourself? Not all academic endeavours need be filtered through science.

Science is but one tool in an intellectual man's tool box. it's like a hammer. Hammers are only good for two things smacking nails or smacking stuff apart. If you only have this hammer in your tool box it is only natural that you only see and want to make everything a nail.

Does language comprehension and translation need the hammer of science to be proven a legit academic pursuit?

does math? what about history? how much falsifiability is their in music, sociology, geography, topography, literature, or any other academic pursuits man undertakes?

Then why do you suppose there is a need for science to fit into category of a nail, just to beat it to death with the one tool you have?

Does this not show pure ignorance on your side? otherwise why can't you have a theological discussion within the rules and boundaries of a theological discipline? Theology is a screw that requires a no.2 phillips screw driver, it is not a nail IE your science can't help you here.

(03-05-2020, 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote: Does this not show pure ignorance on your side? otherwise why can't you have a theological discussion within the rules and boundaries of a theological discipline? Theology is a screw that requires a no.2 phillips screw driver, it is not a nail IE your science can't help you here.

No, but it does proclaim you stupidity.
Why would an atheist be interested in a study of one of thousands of gods, ... none of which have even been demonstrated to exist ?
Test

(03-05-2020, 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Drich Wrote: hey dumbass. bla bla bla ...

You clearly don't.
Great marketing style there Dripshit.
So very Christian of you.
How about you give us the website of the church you claim you go to, and the Christian sites you post on,
and we'll see what they think of your hermeneutic of insult style.

How do you know god is a "he" ?
Has his dick been revealed to you ?

LOL

God FATHER= He 
God SON = HE
God holy Spirit planted the seed of Christ into marry=HE
Do you think before you speak? clearly not. Otherwise you would not ask such obvious questions.

(03-05-2020, 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote: Does this not show pure ignorance on your side? otherwise why can't you have a theological discussion within the rules and boundaries of a theological discipline? Theology is a screw that requires a no.2 phillips screw driver, it is not a nail IE your science can't help you here.

No, but it does proclaim you stupidity.
Why would an atheist be interested in a study of one of thousands of gods, ... none of which have even been demonstrated to exist ?

this interest is evident as the atheist is trying to view this subject through the lens of a hammer.

(03-05-2020, 04:02 PM)Drich Wrote: It's a new video new format! I have several of these shorter 5 mins or less videos. let me know what you think of the format and presentation. and if this would be ok for a visual.

He's doing it to bump up his view counts. Does this count a christian manipulation?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

(03-05-2020, 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 06:30 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Drich Wrote: hey dumbass. Can i call you slow charlie? how about Slow moe??? two things. In the OP I do give a synopsis of he video. Then I gave you a specific invitation to a post you had asking question and pointing out the paradoxical nature of God. I told YOU specifically this video was create/just finished and it was about the very topic you brought UP!

they solve all of your little paradoxes don't they? "the revelation about God found in the bible?"

And why would you be so daft as to try and fit the round peg of theology into the square shaped peg of science?

Can't you think for yourself? Not all academic endeavours need be filtered through science.

Science is but one tool in an intellectual man's tool box. it's like a hammer. Hammers are only good for two things smacking nails or smacking stuff apart. If you only have this hammer in your tool box it is only natural that you only see and want to make everything a nail.

Does language comprehension and translation need the hammer of science to be proven a legit academic pursuit?

does math? what about history? how much falsifiability is their in music, sociology, geography, topography, literature, or any other academic pursuits man undertakes?

Then why do you suppose there is a need for science to fit into category of a nail, just to beat it to death with the one tool you have?

Does this not show pure ignorance on your side? otherwise why can't you have a theological discussion within the rules and boundaries of a theological discipline? Theology is a screw that requires a no.2 phillips screw driver, it is not a nail IE your science can't help you here.

Theology is not much of a tool box.  Really, the various problems of perfect being theology can't be solved, and strongly indicate that theology is at a dead end and is just spinning it's little wheels.  The scientific method works.  So why should it not be applicable to theology?  And that is the crux of the problem here.  Theology has no trustworthy method of founding itself and subsequent claims on anything trustworthy.

If we abandon the concept of testability of claims, We have empty mystery mongering, argument by empty assertion, or the problem of revelation.  How do you demonstrate revelation is even possible, much less which revelation to take seriously?

Again, theology seems to make claims that are in the end, self defeating.  If God creates all and is omnipotent, God is cause of all, the universe is determined and if God is good, why then moral evil?  As I have repeatedly demonstrated, there are so many of these deep issues to resolve that cannot be resolved, we can safely abandon perfect being theology.  The problem is that what is left is not the theology of supposed reliable revelations.

Now what?  And the problems do not stop there.  Trying to erect a possible God that avoids all such problems leaves us with such a lesser god, there is not much for that God to do.  And still that God cannot be demonstrated to be true.  Deist Gods.  Process theology type limited Gods.  Soon we are arguing about old fashioned nature gods, nymphs, nyaids and nature spirits, fairies and leprechauns.

So what are the rock bottom, foundations we have to start with in understanding the universe?  Not God, occult forces, supernaturalism, Gods, et al.  We start with a Universe that has natural materials, forces, and contains moral evil, natural evil, and no Gods making their presence known as per idle tall tales of  the Pentateuch et al.

In science, the first thing a good scientist does if he or she has a hypothesis, is to examine it closely to see if it is rational, logical, does not contradict facts that are well established, and does not contain logical fallacies.  If he or she fails, their colleagues will point these problems out.

In theology, I see that we get special pleading, if that.

I myself find theology's failures to be rather interesting as they tell me a lot about how theology fails.  In the end, we start with unsupported hypotheses, not well attested, testable, facts to build on as a foundation.  Science in the end is pragmatic, theology, occultism, metaphysics is not.

(03-05-2020, 07:49 PM)Drich Wrote: God FATHER= He 
God SON = HE
God holy Spirit planted the seed of Christ into marry=HE
Do you think before you speak? clearly not. Otherwise you would not ask such obvious questions.

So you have seen the revealed dicks then ?
No one ever, ... never ever said the Spirit was a "he".
So, you think the gods need to reproduce ? Why is that ?
Why else would they be he's and she's

Last but not least, Mr. Never-finished-5th- Grade,
it's Mary, not "marry" you totally ignorant fool.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Deesse23

(03-05-2020, 07:51 PM)Drich Wrote: this interest is evident as the atheist is trying to view this subject through the lens of a hammer.

Wrong again, idiot.
No one is interested in any of your droppings here.
Test

Asking who God thinks he is is like asking who Santa Claus who he thinks he is. Imaginary beings don't have thoughts, they don't have self-awareness, and they don't have any existence at all.

Actually, the real question may be "Do YOU have any thoughts at all"? LOL!
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!