Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do bad things happen to 'good people'

(01-06-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 01:52 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 09:13 PM)Drich Wrote: youtube.com/watch?v=6DZnBbo7R7I&t=131s

This subject came up like 10 times and thought this would help
I appreciate the time and effort you've put into producing this video, but your premise that
there are "good" things per se, and "bad" things, also per se, is erroneous...

Clearly you did not watch the video.

So now you reckon you're clairvoyant? Ha ha.  You really are a stupid cunt aren't you mate?

Drich Wrote:When will you people get, I do not bring the typical Christian arguments to the table.

Fuck me sideways!  ROFLMAO!  And I consider consider 17 consecutive posts in one hour in this thread SPAMMING on your part.

Forum rule #2.  No spam
Repeatedly posting the same material may also be regarded as engaging in spamming the forum.

—Time to say bye bye mate.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(01-06-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote: When will you people get, I do not bring the typical Christian arguments to the table

We know you don't bring "Christian" arguments, as you are not a Christian.
You are also not competent to bring anything to the table, as you have no education in any of the religions.
No one really cares what you call the nonsense you post here, ... it's religious bullshit, and no one here cares about you garbage.

You said you were asked to come here.
You were lying.
The voices in your head may have told you to come here.
No one here asked you to come here.

You are not special.
There are thousands if not millions of you nut jobs on the internet and making up shitty YouTubes
... they all think they have found a special insight to the bullshit.
You're all a dime-a-dozen.
You should find a better hobby. Your hobby of posting insults and telling yourself it's Christian, is delusional.
You could not even GET INTO a Christian college.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • SYZ, Gwaithmir

(01-06-2020, 07:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The voices in your head may have told you to come here.

If the horrific story Drich gives in [this post] is accurate, an environment like that could have done severe neurological damage.

Drich, I say again:  Go see a doctor.  Get a referral to a neurologist and get a brain MRI done.
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • brunumb, SYZ, Chas

(01-06-2020, 06:25 PM)airportkid Wrote: [quote="Drich" pid='175815' dateline='1578333273']
... to clear up and correct the false expectation religion gives people here ...
Quote:Your bible itself contributes to that "false" expectation overwhelmingly.
It's not the bible. but literally cherry picking brands of christianity, who isolate a passage and combine it with others similar to it to give it a different meaning.:

From your link:

[/url]1 Corinthians 10:13

Chapter Parallel Compare

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Contextually This speaks of temptation of sin not protection for bad things as the topic of this thread is discussing.(and this is the number 1/best passage you have) but because it has been cut from it's original context and married with 30 other verses of similar meaning all these verses together say something different than what they say alone. That is a hallmark of scrapbook theology/cut and paste hermeneutics.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

Chapter Parallel Compare

3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
This passage say we will be given strength (to work out or endure) and God promises to keep Satan off of us. Meaning satan himself can not physically take us down.
(per the book of job)

The next several verses quote the OT.

All verses pertaining to protection in the OT pertain God covenant with the Jew or a specific prophet or a specific event/war. These are not blanket statements.

I am not saying God can not offer perfect protection. I am saying it is not apart of our deal of our covenant. Those protection laws and rules only apply to the people it is referring to in that book for a limited amount of time. As once they all completed their task or broke their word, the protection ended.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Chapter Parallel Compare

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

This is what's known as a 'blessing/well wishing prayer.'
The blessing is for sanctification /to make pure, and to be found blameless before God. this has nothing to do with personal protection at all.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Chapter Parallel Compare

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
[url=https://www.biblestudytools.com/passage/?q=2+corinthians+4:8-9]this is 100% in line with what I said in the video. this is bad things happening to the people in church at corinth.

john 10 also aligns it's self perfectly.

John 10:28-30

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 
30 I and the Father are one.”

This is the bit where Agape' allows for pain. while here the passage says we may endure hardships we will never endanger of loosing salvation.

Quote:From my own personal acquaintance with believers the belief that god is a protector is nearly universal, reinforced by biblical passages as above.
again read the passages for yourself in context. if you will you will see the only time protection is offered are to specific people in a specific situation or having been given a specific task. 

Everything else warns us hardship is coming. I am not saying churches do not teach prosperity and protection doctrines. I honestly think that is why most of you are here. You have an idea of God the church plants and God sends the wind and rain to test your faith and it all crumbles down around you meaning the words your faith were built on was untrue. So you assume there is no God... Rather than assume you got things so wrong God is not willing to support the mess you made with your faith in any way outside of showing you where way, way wrong.

Quote: Your position (to the extent it appears coherent) seems to be one should never look to a god for protection.
Not protection, rather mercy. We can seek and have mercy from the storms of life n abundance. but at the same time God will not allow us to hide from it.

Quote: From the atheist's standpoint, that's admirable.  People who have no expectation of divine protection tend to be more careful and less injurious to themselves and others; they take direct responsibility for the safety of their own conduct.
this has the opposite affect from a well informed and tested believer. For two reasons, one we know there is nothing we can be hit with we can not endure. there is no trial to great no pain too deep we fear nothing, not because we are immune but because we know we have God's help out if and when we build out faith on an actual biblical picture of God. Again not protection from, but help and strength out of a situation.

I am almost wreckless in my approach to business. going after thing far beyond my scope and reach out of sheer faith, knowing for sure that God will help me succeed or give me strength to endure the fall. as a result. I far exceeded any dreams or expectations I ever had. Not because I am protected but because I have been hit with everything God will allow me to be hit with in this world to one degree or another, and God always sees me through either in triumph or helps me through great pain. Same is true here.

Quote:But your bible very explicitly declares and encourages otherwise.
as demonstrated, the bible contextually does not support this idea. This is what is known as cut and paste hermeneutics. This teaching that God will protect you is never outline spoken of in great detail or centrally located anywhere in the bible. for instance Jesus Never ever tells a story or a parable about this concept.

rather he tells the parable of the wise and foolish builders (foolish man builds his house on the sand and it collapses after God sends the rain. wise man builds his house on the rock and the house stands firm.) In both instances God SENDS the wind and rain to test the homes/faith built. 

In the parable the house built is our faith is our spiritual lives. and God allows the world to hit us with trial tribulations and hardship to the point of being stricken homeless! to break us down and take out faith! God sends this storm to everyone..  So then Why would jesus take half a chapter to tell us the storms are coming, in an contextual centralized teaching, to have it usurped by 1/2 a dozen cut and paste verses cobbled together to say the opposite? Not only that, there are several teachings non cobbled together centralized teachings/warning the pain will not be spared from God's people.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-...suffering/

Yes this is the same site you used, but the reason these are not cut and paste hermeneutics, look at the book chapter and verse denotations. towards the end they are all centrally located with in the teaching scope of one or two chapters with in the same book, meaning a contextual teaching. then also note little to no Ot references that deal with a specific promise or people.. this is a well worn NT concept and teaching.

Quote: You should take initiative and develop the Drich Redacted KJV and get it established throughout the world as the KJV's replacement - and make the world a considerably safer place.
My job is not to redact but to simply clarify. as in the bible does not support protection from God in any centralized NT teaching. And no one can argue that point. Then I can provided centralized contextual teaching about trials and coming tribulations we are told to expect..

Quote:You position does raise the question of what kinds of things do you request from your god thru prayer?
Prayer is another video.
95% of people, religious or not. do not have any idea what prayer is. your question informs me you are of that 95%. as prayer is not a formal wishing ceremony. Prayer is not about asking God to change our circumstance of give us anything, but help us change to fit his want and will. and we have central contextual NT/Jesus taught examples of that. We also have Paul demonstrating this division in prayer as well. (That prayer and petitioning God are two different things) God ALWAYS answers prayer in a positive form. God has no obligation to answer a petition in any form.

Quote:  Anything asked for that constitutes intervention in this world amounts to protection, which you claim is absent.
in prayer, yes. in petition no. I have switched almost completely to prayer. I only ask what prayer allows for. Because I always get my petitions as well, but it is almost like a monkey paw thing where there is always some unforeseen cost or circumstance. So rather than be given what I want and loose something of greater value, I seek to be content, and be faithful to what I have been given.

Quote: That leaves only prayer for favor to take place after death.
maybe for a person with little understanding and great faith that what they believe is all there is. 

As I have shown with an understanding of petition and prayer one can have a great prayer experience/God is made known. to the point where even all petitions are answered. which will humble one to simply seek contentment with all that they have.

Quote: And raises the rather important question of what purpose earthly existence even serves.

Heaven is nothing like earth, so earth has no lessons for existence in heaven.  What are we doing here?
partially answered in this video but really is it's own topic.

The short answers can be found in the parables of Christ when Jesus answers this very question: Parables of the wheat and the weeds, the wheat and the chaff, the sheep and the goats, and all the examples given of the fruit trees who would not produce.
All of these teaching has one thing in common. God is using this time to separate those who want to be with and serve him, from those who don't for whatever reason.

Hardship cements where ever your heart is.

(01-06-2020, 06:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:04 PM)Drich Wrote: It's like you are endorsing my video, but don't realize it because you clearly think it says the opposite of what it does say. If you watched the video before you spoke you could have constructed an argument that did not have you siding with me.

I specifically said there's no reason to posit a divine being created us when genetic disorders exist. That's not siding with you.  ROFL2

and I showed you where you are NOT a direct result of personal design, which is true for the rest of us as well. which means... 

there's no reason to posit a divine being created us when genetic disorders exist. That IS siding with you/me.  ROFL2

(01-06-2020, 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 09:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Dunning-Krueger :
"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."

The ultimate irony of the dunning-Kruger syndrome is that if one feels he is in a position to identify and diagnose this syndrome in another person without any training or testing official material, then that person most likely suffers himself from this condition.
Consider

What training do you have in the science of the Dunning-Kruger effect?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(01-06-2020, 06:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 05:40 AM)Astreja Wrote: Diseases and genetic disorders don't care about how good we are.  Neither do earthquakes or tornadoes.  Add to that the fact that we and other people sometimes do stupid, dangerous things driven more by carelessness than malice, and the fact that sometimes someone's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that's a perfectly adequate explanation.

(01-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Drich Wrote: ok so finish the thought.  So if there was an all loving and all powerful God, as you think, I think the bible says. why do bad things happen to 'good' people. why did the shooting in text church happen? why didn't God protect those two members?

Drich, you completely missed the point of my argument:  Bad things happen to everyone, and no god is required to explain it.

No i got it.. Sorry i was two steps in front of you would you like me to explain what I mean?

I understand you want to end an argument you made by saying all things happen because there is no God.

Got it.

Now do you want to take it a step further?

(01-06-2020, 08:50 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:04 PM)Drich Wrote: It's like you are endorsing my video, but don't realize it because you clearly think it says the opposite of what it does say. If you watched the video before you spoke you could have constructed an argument that did not have you siding with me.

I specifically said there's no reason to posit a divine being created us when genetic disorders exist. That's not siding with you.  ROFL2

and I showed you where you are NOT a direct result of personal design, which is true for the rest of us as well. which means... 

there's no reason to posit a divine being created us when genetic disorders exist. That IS siding with you/me.  ROFL2

... and there is NOT ONE Christian on the planet that would agree with that crap.
You do not represent Christians. You don't EVEN know what they believe.

Let me refresh your memory.

"We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven;

So yeah, if there is a genetic disorder, Christians believe their god was involved.
Stop pretending you're a Christian because the apologetics are complicated and you have NO EDUCATION in Christianity.
Test

(01-06-2020, 08:54 PM)Dānu Wrote:
"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."

The ultimate irony of the dunning-Kruger syndrome is that if one feels he is in a position to identify and diagnose this syndrome in another person without any training or testing official material, then that person most likely suffers himself from this condition.
Consider

What training do you have in anything ?
It's known as the Duck Test.
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
Test

(01-06-2020, 05:38 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 05:44 AM)Minimalist Wrote: People who insist they are good people are not necessarily that.

I would have hope you known me long enough to know I do not believe there are any 'good people'. That the term good people is something reserved for the 'moral' or those who see themselves this way.

I try to forget how long I've known you.  For as long as it is you remain a complete asshole.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(01-06-2020, 06:58 PM)no one Wrote: Hey dingleberyrich, is it weird giving your sister a mother's day gift?

Why should it be? they are both mothers. a very good ones, especially having a 6 year old type 1 diabetic who is a turbo charged version of the children of the corn. and the other has an ass-burger son. plus I raised her oldest in my house for a year while her and her husband saved up to buy a house. I kinda feel like that one is mine, in a 1/2 assed dad sort of way. So why would it be a wrong thing to give either mom any sort of token gift for being great moms who both have a real hard time most of the time?

ass-burger ..... that takes the cake.
What a fucking dumb shit.
And Jebus sends this fool.

Asperger's Syndrome.

This guy is dumber than a box of rocks.
Test

(01-06-2020, 07:30 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 01:52 PM)SYZ Wrote: I appreciate the time and effort you've put into producing this video, but your premise that
there are "good" things per se, and "bad" things, also per se, is erroneous...

Clearly you did not watch the video.

So now you reckon you're clairvoyant? Ha ha.  You really are a stupid cunt aren't you mate?
no. clearly you are uninformed to the nature of the content being discussed. you are making arguments based on stereotypes. I spent over a week making sure my content did not fall into that category. your whole effort has been one big straw man as little to anything you are attributing to me did I ever bring up.

Drich Wrote:When will you people get, I do not bring the typical Christian arguments to the table.
Quote:Fuck me sideways!  ROFLMAO!  And I consider consider 17 consecutive posts in one hour in this thread SPAMMING on your part.

Forum rule #2.  No spam
Repeatedly posting the same material may also be regarded as engaging in spamming the forum.

—Time to say bye bye mate.

Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic
oh, wait 17 post=/= spam just because it is on the same topic. that my knuckle dragging brother, is called a Top-I-Cle conversation.

If I where to copy and paste the OP 17 times in an hour, that dummy, you can call spam.

Wow Drick, your capacity for comprehension is remarkably inferior to that of a meth-addicted severely mentally challenged starfish. Take Astreja's advice, go get that 3-watt bulb of yours checked.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Fireball, SYZ

(01-06-2020, 07:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote: When will you people get, I do not bring the typical Christian arguments to the table

We know you don't bring "Christian" arguments, as you are not a Christian.
The truth of the matter is non of us are sport. that is a decision only Christ can make on the day of our judgement. The bible identifies us as followers. We are not 'saved'/christian till after our judgement.

Quote:You are also not competent to bring anything to the table, as you have no education in any of the religions.
actually I have over 25 years of study. besides if I were so enepth, then why oh why would you not use the verses I misrepresent and shut me down with them? Could it be you can't/not smart enough/not educated enough in the greek or hebrew. yes you tried several time but always had to eat crow./You always fail.
why is it you are the only one being shut down by your failed exegesis? why do you have to resort to ad hom attacks like this? especially for anyone in the know, ad hom attacks are little more than a desperate attempt to turn the tide of a conversation when you can not speak topically.
Quote: 
No one really cares what you call the nonsense you post here, ...
idk sport i was told i had 17 posts in one hour.

Quote:it's religious bullshit, and no one here cares about you garbage.
Dance 23 pages and going in my last thread.. 4 pages today on this one!
when is the last time one of your threads got more than 2 pages of topical dialog? Seems to me your the one who no one cares to hear from.

Quote:You said you were asked to come here.
You were lying.
go ahead ask you mom.

Quote:The voices in your head may have told you to come here.
No one here asked you to come here.
The voices in my head are doing pretty well as they have a standing account at af.org and was able to PM me, and then when I got here I had problems loggin on/passwords and my voices as an staff cleared everything up and got me going.. Which is why I know I not getting banned for spamming/because according to you I am one of the admins who makes that desision.

(not that i think I am/ to the real admin please don't ban me i haven't spamed anyone or broke any rules)

Quote:You are not special.
I'm not. As all I have been given is offered to everyone, all I am doing is trying to get you all to take God up on his offer.

Quote:There are thousands if not millions of you nut jobs on the internet and making up shitty YouTubes
I made two shitty videos meant for you 'good people.' you are welcome.

Quote:... they all think they have found a special insight to the bullshit.
because we are each a piece or one member of the complete body, so yeah we will all see the body differently. or do you think the eye's experience as a member of the body is the same as the hand or nose. each member has his own experience to his station in the body and insight for that station. I seem to be an ass hole and so too seem most of you. far be it from me to tell you how to shit on others, but I do have insite on how to shite for christ.

Quote:You're all a dime-a-dozen.
My wife says Im priceless. (trich edit: worthless)

Quote:You should find a better hobby.

My hobby is literally running a business. my job is here or places like this.

Quote:Your hobby of posting insults and telling yourself it's Christian, is delusional.
what's delusional is pretending to be someone else and thinking God's does not know what you are pretending to be. Just as I am.. is all i will ever be before God or man.

Quote:You could not even GET INTO a Christian college.
Been to several in the area and out of town. as we have contracts to service and rent equipment.

(01-06-2020, 08:12 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 07:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The voices in your head may have told you to come here.

If the horrific story Drich gives in [this post] is accurate, an environment like that could have done severe neurological damage.

Drich, I say again:  Go see a doctor.  Get a referral to a neurologist and get a brain MRI done.

I was 9 or 10.. have been since.. infact full work up last 5 years as they were looking for a cancer they never found (prayed it away) Winking

The only thing they ever found that my appendix burst some years back, and it was safe/inactive. prayed that pain away as well.

(that and my wife punched me in the stomach and told me to walk it of pussy)

Consider

Why would I need training to identify from several articles on the subject (you good people leave me)that a test is always apart of a proper diagnosis?  One does not need to be a trained expert to know that a test is involved and not one of these accusations was a result of a test.

(01-06-2020, 08:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:50 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I specifically said there's no reason to posit a divine being created us when genetic disorders exist. That's not siding with you.  ROFL2

... and there is NOT ONE Christian on the planet that would agree with that crap.

"We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
the only Son of God,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;

So yeah, if there is a genetic disorder, Christians believe their god was involved.
Stop pretending you're a Christian because the apologetics are complicated and you have NO EDUCATION in Christianity.
sorry sport
check out the term non-denominational church.
christianity.com/church/denominations/what-are-non-denominational-churches-meaning-examples.html

Not all churches believe in the catholic church's creed. Some churches seek to worship as they did in the first century when it bible based only. meaning if it is not in the bible/caNNon of scripture then it not apart of the church.

Yes God is the father of creation, but that is where it ends and God gave the command for what he created to go fourth and multiply. meaning from that point on what was created was a copy of the creation. God does not make us out of mud as he did adam and biff we are a complete being!

(01-06-2020, 08:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote: The ultimate irony of the dunning-Kruger syndrome is that if one feels he is in a position to identify and diagnose this syndrome in another person without any training or testing official material, then that person most likely suffers himself from this condition.
Consider

What training do you have in anything ?
It's known as the Duck Test.
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
sorry no dummy.

I know, that I know nothing so I look everything up. I always have at least 3 points of reference when ever I broach a subject. which is why I seem like I know everything/always right. it's again in fact because I know I don't know anything, that I vet what i do know, with primary or secondary material, which makes me a furlong smarter than you ever hope to be because everything you argue is based on your internal knowledge. however when you are arguing me... you are usually arguing 20 to 30 mins worth of google time and authoritative sources.. 

"you" (read this is a snivelling voice) but drich you can't spell, your grammar is horrible, how can google give you access to knowledge i don't already know"

Look dummy. intelligence is no longer based on internal knowledge it is about one's ability to extrapolate external sources. even now some of the highest paying jobs that require master certifications is never about the knowledge an individual retains but how fast that person can identify source material and subsearch for specific information. You method of identify intelligence is over 500 years old. as books and libraries where our only base of knowledge and one had to memorize everything in order to have full access to a base of knowledge. This is why you mind said stop once you came to the dunning kruger definition and thought you saw one or two point of contact you could align with me.

Me knowing little to nothing, has to read 3 or 4 different articles search all the way back to the original findings. which puts me in a position to not only identify the effect, but how it is identified, treated and the purpose for identifying such an effect. all of which centers around proper diagnosis. a step you in your haste skipped which again makes you the candidate for such and effect, in your expert if it quacks like a duck diagnosis.

for instance there is a dunning-kruger test.
https://scienceterms.net/psychology/dunn...er-effect/

So that means if you feel you can diagnosis this effect accurately without the test dunning kruger uses. then you do most likely suffer yourself from this effect.

do you feel that sting? yeah that called a burn.. Dance

(01-06-2020, 10:05 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: [quote="Drich" pid='175866' dateline='1578343828']

"We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
the only Son of God,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;

Quote:Not all churches believe in the catholic church's creed. Some churches seek to worship as they did in the first century when it bible based only. meaning if it is not in the bible/caNNon of scripture then it not apart of the church.

Don't be stupid. There was no Bible to be based on in the 1st Century. Thanks for yet again proving you know nothing about the subject you preach on.
It's "a part", not apart. The canon of scripture was not established until LONG after the 1st Century.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmen...ment_canon

Quote:Yes God is the father of creation, but that is where it ends and God gave the command for what he created to go fourth and multiply. meaning from that point on what was created was a copy of the creation. God does not make us out of mud as he did adam and biff we are a complete being!

Sorry sport, virtually ALL of Christianity says this creed.
Catholics and Protestants.

You're not a theist. You're a deist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
The fact that you (alone) have your own little personal version of your cult is irrelevant.
Nondenominational Christianity (every form) REJECTS deism.
As I said, you ignorant status is demonstrated in every post.

In Christianity, it dos NOT end with creation. You forgot one little detail. God sent his son.
You forgot that in Christianity Jesus told his followers they could ask anything in his name, and it would be given them.
That's in NO way "that's it" with creation. You position in not Christian.
Why do you even go to your little non-denominational church ? If it ended with creation, it's a waste of time.
Woops.
Yeah. 1. You don't even know what your religion is called, 2. you cannot even reason it's consequences.
Maybe you have "ass-burgers" ??
LMAO

Still waiting. Prove your gods exist. Demonstrate the authority of your scripture.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Deesse23

(01-06-2020, 05:43 PM)Drich Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:35 AM)Dānu Wrote: Why do bad apologists happen to good forums?

gosh, if you had a bad apologists among you wouldn't it then be easy to topically refute his position? to put him in his place citing the same book chapter and verse he is using?

According to his standard, or according to the standard of someone other than himself?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

@Bucky Ball

"Don't be stupid. There was no Bible to be based on in the 1st Century. Thanks for yet again proving you know nothing about the subject you preach on."

I think the "SS Stupidity "is has long sailed mate.. along with it's ship "The SS Ignoramus'"

The Canon of the Church was cobbled together in the fourth century, at the first Nice council, called by Constantine, for political reasons.

There was only the Catholic (IE universal) Christian church (west and east) until the Protestant reformation in the sixteenth century.

The current Christian beliefs became dominant by the simple expedient murdering anyone who disagreed. That with the permission and encouragement of Emperor Theodosius 1, when he made THAT christianity the state religion. Those murders continued with gay abandon until the seventeenth century, with the protestant Churches murdering Catholics and other heretics whenever they could .

Which bible? There is not one extant copy of the original canon as far as I know. .

Bart Ehrman has some interesting things to say about 'which bible; and the early followers of "The Way" .As far as I can tell, the term 'Christian' did not come into common use until the fourth century when emperor Theodosius 1 began using it.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why (published as Whose Word Is It? in United Kingdom) is a book by Bart D. Ehrman, a New Testament scholar at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.[1] The book introduces lay readers to the field of textual criticism of the Bible. Ehrman discusses a number of textual variants that resulted from intentional or accidental manuscript changes during the scriptorium era. The book made it to The New York Times Best Seller List"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misquoting_Jesus

THIS for Drich, I can pretty much guarantee he won't bother watching it . I admit I have not watched the video. I've read the book .

The Lost Christianities ,TheBattle for Scripture and the faiths we never knew" by Bart Ehrman is an interesting book.

The clip below gives a precise, of only 18 minutes.

The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Bucky Ball

(01-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Drich Wrote: my video answers this paradox.

No it doesn't.  You STILL haven't provided falsifiable evidence your god exists.  You apparently don't realize the difficulity of doing this so I keep pounding away at it.  

Quoting from a book of claims is not evidence because the entire book is embellished storytelling and myth.  There's not even one scintilla of evidence Moses existed. There's no evidence over a million people wandered a desert the size of West Virginia for 40 years, a desert one can walk from one end to another lengthwise in two and a half weeks.  Width wise it's even a shorter distance.   Not only that but the Moses birth story is an story taken directly from Sargon of Akkad who lived 800 years prior to Moses. Sargon's -baby in a basket placed in the river- story involves the Euphrates River.  There's another baby in a basket story from India which uses the Ganges River.  It also predates Moses.  That's just one example of why your bible is a stupid fairystory full of revisionist history and tribal propaganda. 

Oh, and too bad for you, YHWH was a mythical ancient war god.   Wow, the only way you can make your myth work is to live in a fantasy world with thick god glasses on.

The reality is 99.9% of all species that have ever lived on this planet have become extinct. There is no god that gives a shit what happens on this planet and that's the REAL reason bad thing happen to good people.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23

(01-06-2020, 09:40 PM)Drich Wrote: Been to several in the area and out of town. as we have contracts to service and rent equipment.

Being their refrigerator repair man is not going to college.
Test

Whoa, slow down there Bucky, not quite sure Drick can even spell refrigerator.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Dancefortwo