Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Argument Against Evil-lution

Blah, blah, blah, blah. We don't see Cogs or Dats. Dogs do not give birth to cats, cats go not give birth to dogs. Life doesn't miraculously appear in a jar of peanut butter. 

This "science" stuff is deceptive and erroneous. It detracts from the divine word and attempts to marginalize the marvel and wonder that is the lord almighty.

I mean I couldn't possibly begin to interpret the inner workings of the internal combustion engine, or even how my web browser works, so therefore it must be magic. 

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, atheists. This case is closed!
The following 6 users Like no one's post:
  • grympy, Minimalist, brewerb, jerry mcmasters, Phaedrus, julep

(01-04-2020, 09:14 PM)no one Wrote: Blah, blah, blah, blah. We don't see Cogs or Dats. Dogs do not give birth to cats, cats go not give birth to dogs. Life doesn't miraculously appear in a jar of peanut butter. 

This "science" stuff is deceptive and erroneous. It detracts from the divine word and attempts to marginalize the marvel and wonder that is the lord almighty.

I mean I couldn't possibly begin to interpret the inner workings of the internal combustion engine, or even how my web browser works, so therefore it must be magic. 

Thank  you so much. I have been very confused. You explained things so simply. Magic is a far better explanation than  sciencey stuff.  I also feel very relieved , not to mention smarter . Had the same feeling when I read Aractus' brilliant post on climate change.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Spread the word now brother.

(01-04-2020, 09:45 PM)no one Wrote: Spread the word now brother.

Indeed.Do you think it would help if I carried a cross?

(01-04-2020, 09:57 PM)grympy Wrote: ... Do you think it would help if I carried a cross ...?

From what I've seen of the general evangelical demeanor, it's not carrying a cross that matters so much as coming across cross  Tongue
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Chas, julep

One step at a time young padawan, one step at a time.

(01-04-2020, 09:14 PM)no one Wrote: Blah, blah, blah, blah. We don't see Cogs or Dats. Dogs do not give birth to cats, cats go not give birth to dogs. Life doesn't miraculously appear in a jar of peanut butter. 

That's not how you should be treating atheists. We must treat them with love and tenderness because they really don't understand what they do. It's obvious that you are not a true believer.

And for your egregious transgressions god most certainly will send you to hell. But I'll pray for you. Pope
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • julep

Follow the shoe!
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • julep

(01-04-2020, 11:07 PM)brewerb Wrote:

That's not how you should be treating atheists. We must treat them with love and tenderness because they really don't understand what they do. It's obvious that you are not a true believer.

And for your egregious transgressions god most certainly will send you to hell. But I'll pray for you. Pope

Oh, thank you sooo much, but don't trouble yourself .  Australia has its very own happy clapper Prime Minister who is praying for us all. And hasn't he doing a bang up job. Thumbs Up

He recently said our bushfires are 'only ' natural disasters and a common occurrence. Consequently no extra resources were needed,. Fair dinkum, I swear that moron is  becoming more Trump -like every day .  Angry
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • brunumb

(01-04-2020, 11:27 PM)grympy Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:07 PM)brewerb Wrote:

Oh, thank you sooo much, but don't trouble yourself .  Australia has its very own happy clapper Prime Minister who is praying for us all. And hasn't he doing a bang up job. Thumbs Up

He recently said our bushfires are 'only ' natural disasters and a common occurrence. Consequently no extra resources were needed,. Fair dinkum, I swear that moron is  becoming more Trump -like every day .  Angry

So you live in/near either Sodom or Gomorrah?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

(01-04-2020, 11:41 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:27 PM)grympy Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:07 PM)brewerb Wrote: That's not how you should be treating atheists. We must treat them with love and tenderness because they really don't understand what they do. It's obvious that you are not a true believer.

So you live in/near either Sodom or Gomorrah?

Pardon? I live in Aunty Adelaide . Wonderful place for children and the world capital  of bizarre murders (really )-- I guess  all that sedate niceness gets on some people's nerves. 

---up until 1970 ,we had 6 o'clock closing of pubs. And  NOTHING was open on Sundays .If you felt so inclined, you could fire a cannon down the normally  busiest street in the city and hit nothing

The city of Adelaide in the 1950's when I was a gossoon doesn't bear thinking about . The phrase "dark of the moon" comes to mind. The only worse city I've been in was Canberra, our nation's capital., in the early 1970's. I'm sure it's improved since.

(01-04-2020, 11:27 PM)grympy Wrote: He recently said our bushfires are 'only ' natural disasters and a common occurrence.

Sadcryface  Wow!  Did he actually say that?  I am half expecting him to declare that they are a sign that the end of days has begun, praise Jeebus.  Truth be told, I change the TV channel any time he appears.
No gods necessary

But....but....but.......evolution is a LIE!  It's a LIE I TELL YOU!!!!!  Proof?!   The banana was made by god to precisely fit in a man's hand.

[Image: banana-like-a-big-penis-picture-id495957112]

And it fits perfectly in other places too............................................. Nod    OMG....yes...yes...YES!!  GOD! your banana is soooo big!  ooo00OOO00oooh YES!!

[Image: being-the-adventures-of-a-despicable-man...101005.png]
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(01-05-2020, 01:54 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: The banana was made by god to precisely fit in a man's hand.

He also made another part of a man's anatomy fit nicely in the hand like a banana, and then condemned him for actually 'fitting' it   Whistling
No gods necessary
The following 2 users Like brunumb's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, julep

(01-05-2020, 01:53 AM)brunumb Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:27 PM)grympy Wrote: He recently said our bushfires are 'only ' natural disasters and a common occurrence.

Sadcryface  Wow!  Did he actually say that?  I am half expecting him to declare that they are a sign that the end of days has begun, praise Jeebus.  Truth be told, I change the TV channel any time he appears.

I was paraphrasing .Can't find the clip . I think the clips below speak for themselves  :

The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(01-05-2020, 01:54 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: But....but....but.......evolution is a LIE!  It's a LIE I TELL YOU!!!!!  Proof?!   The banana was made by god to precisely fit in a man's hand.

[Image: banana-like-a-big-penis-picture-id495957112]

And it fits perfectly in other places too............................................. Nod    OMG....yes...yes...YES!!  GOD! your banana is soooo big!  ooo00OOO00oooh YES!!

[Image: being-the-adventures-of-a-despicable-man...101005.png]

I'm a bit bemused that nobody seems to have said anything about  Kirky Cameron, Ray's acolyte .Or have you been there, done that, and I missed it?  

The following 2 users Like grympy's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Dancefortwo

I'm surprised the Crocoduck doesn't appear in Dungeons & Dragons.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(01-05-2020, 10:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote: I'm surprised the Crocoduck doesn't appear in Dungeons & Dragons.

Level One, in the Dumbfucks Dungeon. Easy to miss.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mathilda

(01-04-2020, 11:27 PM)grympy Wrote: ...Australia has its very own happy clapper Prime Minister who is praying for us all. And hasn't he doing a bang up job.

I know... unfuckingbelievable!

In a speech in Albury last September at the start of our bushfires, PM Scott Morrison
told the audience that he was praying for rain in drought-affected areas.

"I pray for that rain everywhere else around the country," he continued. "And I do pray
for that rain. And I'd encourage others who believe in the power of prayer to pray for
that rain and to pray for our farmers.  Please do that."

In October, Morrison also said—at a Parliamentary prayer breakfast, (WTF?) "What I like
about prayer and what is so important about us coming together in our Parliament and
praying, is prayer gives us a reminder of our humility and our vulnerability, and that forms
a unity" he said.

"Because there’s certainly one thing we all have in common, whether we sit in this place,
or anywhere else, and that is our human frailty.  Faith, and religion, is actually first and
foremost an expression of our human frailty and vulnerability and an understanding that
there are things far bigger than each of us".

This is Morrison and wife Jenny singing during an Easter Sunday service at his Horizon
Church in Sutherland in Sydney last year...

[Image: 5b9613c3-2d2d-477a-b322-0e7b79d04548]

The images of Morrison singing and waving his hands in the air or clapping attracted criticism
and mockery online with one comparing them to a Hitler salute.

Morrison has also said that online comments attacking his Christian faith are from "keyboard
warriors in their mother's basements".

—Does Scotty truly think Aussie houses have "basements"?    Fuck me sideways.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • brunumb

"Evolution never happened because no one is going to call me a monkey!" (Sister Andrew Maria, a nun who taught Literature and Religion when I was a freshman at St. Jerome High School)  Facepalm
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(01-05-2020, 04:44 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: "Evolution never happened because no one is going to call me a monkey!" (Sister Andrew Maria, a nun who taught Literature and Religion when I was a freshman at St. Jerome High School)  Facepalm

"Sister Andrew Maria, you are a lemur!"

If evolution was true wouldn't I have evolved machine guns for arms by now?

(01-04-2020, 11:10 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Follow the shoe!
Sandal.  And a properly pedicured foot inside it, because satan himself wants your heels to be all scratchy and shit.
god, ugh