Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL FANS, is it just me?

NFL FANS, is it just me?
Or are you also seeing more and more 4 down risky plays to get first down?

It makes sense late in the game when you are behind, but I am seeing far more bullshit risky 4th down plays when it makes no sense.
 Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB. 

NFL FANS, is it just me?
nocturnal fertilizer legation?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

NFL FANS, is it just me?
(11-30-2019, 06:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote: Or are you also seeing more and more 4 down risky plays to get first down?

Mate... can you re-write this in English for us Aussies?     Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

NFL FANS, is it just me?
Colin Kaepernick and the rest of the National Football League voted unanimously to antagonize and embitter all fans of Swedish pop groups.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Dānu, Brian37

NFL FANS, is it just me?
(11-30-2019, 06:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote: Or are you also seeing more and more 4 down risky plays to get first down?

It makes sense late in the game when you are behind, but I am seeing far more bullshit risky 4th down plays when it makes no sense.

I haven't watched enough to notice but I listen to some sports radio and it has come up.  Maybe coaches are just given such short leashes today that they feel they have to "create a dynamic culture" and get a reputation as daring and exciting.  It depends on what team you're playing against, trust in your defense, etc.  I don't mind seeing it with my team (Texans), I feel we're not going to stop anybody so it doesn't matter when or where they get the ball.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • c172

NFL FANS, is it just me?
Don't know about football, but in soccer, I see way too many fans whining that their team doesn't play "attractive" soccer. Just git 'er done. However it works. Maybe some teams are talented at being active on the 4th, so it works for them, but not others.
Is this sig thing on?

NFL FANS, is it just me?
But the whole thing is based on the entertainment value of the sport. Workmanlike sports may be more effective, but it's fucking boring to watch.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

NFL FANS, is it just me?
It's just you, Brian. By this time that should simply be your default assumption.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

NFL FANS, is it just me?
(11-30-2019, 06:59 PM)no one Wrote: Colin Kaepernick and the rest of the National Football League voted unanimously to antagonize and embitter all fans of Swedish pop groups.

HA HA HA, they sure as hell did. 

Big Grin
 Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB.