Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another religious nut puts her children in danger

Quote:Moments before steering her minivan directly into a palm tree, police in Florida allege a 36-year-old woman instructed her four children to unbuckle their seat belts and stretch their arms out before them.

According to WKMG, one of Calicia Williams’ children told police in the ambulance en route to the hospital Wednesday her mother yelled out, “Lord Jesus, save me!” as the vehicle slammed into the tree.

The Ocala Times reports the child allegedly told cops that, immediately afterwards, Williams told them, “The devil can’t hurt you, he only hurts bad people. You have the light of Jesus in you and only Jesus can cure us.”

stupid stupid stupid
The following 4 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, brewerb, LastPoet, grympy

In this case, Dawkins would be right; this is child abuse and endangerment.

Looking forward to the indictment.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gawdzilla Sama, grympy

Waiting for screaming that religion isn't to blame for this. Won't take long is my guess.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gwaithmir, Gawdzilla Sama, LastPoet

She'll face 4 charges of second-degree attempted murder, which could be up to 15 years per charge.
I'm guessing her defence will raise all sorts of mitigating circumstances though, particularly the fact
that she's got four young kids, and that she was acting under the influence of a voodoo hex put on
her by her husband, or even that she's part of the black minority being persecuted by the police who
arrested her.   All the usual bullshit.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 5 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus, Szuchow, Gwaithmir, Gawdzilla Sama, grympy

(10-06-2019, 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote: She'll face 4 charges of second-degree attempted murder, which could be up to 15 years per charge.
I'm guessing her defence will raise all sorts of mitigating circumstances though, particularly the fact
that she's got four young kids, and that she was acting under the influence of a voodoo hex put on
her by her husband, or even that she's part of the black minority being persecuted by the police who
arrested her.   All the usual bullshit.

Even if she beats the rap, it's obvious that her kids have to be taken away from her. The father, no doubt, is not a fit guardian either.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, SYZ

(10-06-2019, 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote: ... or even that she's part of the black minority being persecuted by the police who arrested her.  
Well, we have been told that the police voodoo witch doctor Nazguls are out of control.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

(10-06-2019, 08:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Waiting for screaming that religion isn't to blame for this. Won't take long is my guess.

Mental illness is to blame for the fire; religion is, as usual, the accelerant.
The following 4 users Like mordant's post:
  • Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, brewerb, Cheerful Charlie

And not an ounce of sympathy for the poor, unfortunate palm tree.

What are we coming to?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 7 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Dom, mordant, Old Man Marsh, Gawdzilla Sama, outtathereligioncloset, Phaedrus, airportkid

(10-06-2019, 05:43 PM)brewerb Wrote: And not an ounce of sympathy for the poor, unfortunate palm tree...

Maybe the mother thought it was a "psalm" tree?      Whistling
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 5 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, brewerb, Gwaithmir, Phaedrus, grympy

(10-06-2019, 11:24 AM)mordant Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 08:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Waiting for screaming that religion isn't to blame for this. Won't take long is my guess.

Mental illness is to blame for the fire; religion is, as usual, the accelerant.

“The human race has suffered for centuries and is still suffering from the mental disorder known as religion, and atheism is the only physician that will be able to effect a permanent cure.” (Joseph Lewis)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, Szuchow

I know the usual spiel:

-she was not a true christian.

-she fell for satan

-help, we are being persecuted.
The following 3 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Szuchow, mordant, brunumb

(10-07-2019, 04:05 PM)LastPoet Wrote:

I know the usual spiel:

-she was not a true christian.

-she fell for satan

-help, we are being persecuted.

Exactly.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.