Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wondering...

Just wondering...
Do we have an atheist reading list/resource list like we did at the old place? If not, can we compile one for those who are looking for resources? I have a huge library of resources that I would love to share with anyone who is looking for resources.
The following 8 users Like Jenny's post:
  • Phaedrus, Fireball, Mathilda, brewerb, Marozz, GenesisNemesis, RobbyPants, Tres Leches

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 03:33 AM)Jenny Wrote: Do we have an atheist reading list/resource list like we did at the old place? If not, can we compile one for those who are looking for resources? I have a huge library of resources that I would love to share with anyone who is looking for resources.

MAYBE some of GWOG's and Tartarus Sauce's stuff got ported over? At least I dimly recall that TS had some offerings? I recall some talk about it. If it ain't there, start your own thread!  Thumbs Up
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Jenny

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 04:04 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 03:33 AM)Jenny Wrote: Do we have an atheist reading list/resource list like we did at the old place? If not, can we compile one for those who are looking for resources? I have a huge library of resources that I would love to share with anyone who is looking for resources.

MAYBE some of GWOG's and Tartarus Sauce's stuff got ported over? At least I dimly recall that TS had some offerings? I recall some talk about it. If it ain't there, start your own thread!  Thumbs Up

I think it should be a closed thread though--like we had before--otherwise it can get inundated with potential trolls.
The following 1 user Likes Jenny's post:
  • Fireball

Just wondering...
Perhaps a collection of locked threads, or "moderator approval needed" threads. The subject line would indicate general content.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Jenny

Just wondering...

You mean like the bible, quran, book of mormon, .................?  Consider
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Just wondering...
I can open a thread and post things you submit via contact staff at: http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/foru...php?fid=85
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Jenny

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 01:02 PM)Dom Wrote: I can open a thread and post things you submit via contact staff at: http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/foru...php?fid=85

That would be the principle way we would submit items then? Consider

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 04:19 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:02 PM)Dom Wrote: I can open a thread and post things you submit via contact staff at: http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/foru...php?fid=85

That would be the principle way we would submit items then?  Consider

Yep. Any mod can see it there and implement it.

Just wondering...
Is there a list that GWG and Tartarus already composed? If so, I don't want to add duplicate info.

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 07:19 PM)Jenny Wrote: Is there a list that GWG and Tartarus already composed? If so, I don't want to add duplicate info.

Far as I know it was lost with TTA.

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 08:26 PM)Dom Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:19 PM)Jenny Wrote: Is there a list that GWG and Tartarus already composed? If so, I don't want to add duplicate info.

I thought someone (I think Dfortwo) saved GWG's threads? I could be wrong.  I think I'll start a thread and see who wants to add what to the new Resource thread (as my references are going to be more [ex]Christian-based since that's my upbringing). I think it's important for the Resource thread to be all encompassing of all religions/all walks of life since people come from different paths to atheism.  Then I can pm you the final list of all contributions for review.
  • Dom

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 08:52 PM)Jenny Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 08:26 PM)Dom Wrote:

I thought someone (I think Dfortwo) saved GWG's threads? I could be wrong.  I think I'll start a thread and see who wants to add what to the new Resource thread (as my references are going to be more [ex]Christian-based since that's my upbringing). I think it's important for the Resource thread to be all encompassing of all religions/all walks of life since people come from different paths to atheism.  Then I can pm you the final list of all contributions for review.

Please submit them at the above link to contact staff, other mods can help there too.
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Jenny

Just wondering...
(11-06-2019, 09:39 PM)Dom Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 08:52 PM)Jenny Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 08:26 PM)Dom Wrote: Far as I know it was lost with TTA.

Please submit them at the above link to contact staff, other mods can help there too.

Will do. Smile
  • Dom

Just wondering...
I grabbed a copy of the Atheist/Agnostic Information Resource Library from the old site before it went kablooey. There's about 20 pages of stuff from 2012 or so. What would you like done with it?
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Jenny, GenesisNemesis

Just wondering...
Can someone put it in a format that can be easily posted?

Just wondering...
Complicated items should be pages with the links on the thread, I think.