Atheist Discussion
Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: World News, Politics and Current Events (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Thread: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" (/showthread.php?tid=4607)

Pages: 1 2

Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - mordant - 01-07-2020

This fucker used to live right in my back yard when I lived in Michigan ... this is none other than the Jim in "Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker", now divorced, in and out of jail, and back selling overpriced survival food to his followers.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1214246794005221378

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Minimalist - 01-07-2020

Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck what that scumbag says.   Big Grin

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - mordant - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck what that scumbag says.   Big Grin

What is not surprising is that the intelligence of his followers after he's been so thoroughly and objectively discredited as a "man of god" would be low enough to worry about their eternal destiny being tied to Trump. Or, as the case may be ... to NOT worry that the two are tied. I don't know where to begin with this one.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Minimalist - 01-07-2020

Intelligence of people who believe in jesusism?  That's a low bar.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - grympy - 01-08-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:18 PM)mordant Wrote: This fucker used to live right in my back yard when I lived in Michigan ... this is none other than the Jim in "Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker", now divorced, in and out of jail, and back selling overpriced survival food to his followers.

Was that this peanut: 

Sorry, that was Jimmy Swaggart .What  can I say, these pond scum all look the same to me 

Seems the Rev Swaggart "had an affair with a prostitute " 

I hate those shit stains on society . They prey on the poor, who are too ignorant , and too gullible to know televangelists are parasites and con artists .

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Phaedrus - 01-08-2020

[Image: 3lhfyw.jpg]

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - mordant - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 03:14 AM)grympy Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:18 PM)mordant Wrote: This fucker used to live right in my back yard when I lived in Michigan ... this is none other than the Jim in "Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker", now divorced, in and out of jail, and back selling overpriced survival food to his followers.

Was that this peanut: 

Sorry, that was Jimmy Swaggart .What  can I say, these pond scum all look the same to me 

Seems the Rev Swaggart "had an affair with a prostitute " 

I hate those shit stains on society . They prey on the poor, who are too ignorant , and too gullible to know televangelists are parasites and con artists .

Swaggert's confession was some performance art! The whole thing was pretty sordid; he was outed in retaliation by another AOG preacher who he exposed as visiting prostitutes and who he had defrocked. Swaggert was eventually caught with yet another prostitute a few years after his famous "I have sinned" sermon. That time, rather than being "contrite", he said that god told him it's nobody's damn business.

While there were repercussions, his "ministry" was never entirely snuffed out, and as far as I know continues to this day independent of the Assemblies of God, who defrocked him. He's in his 80s now and his son Donnie does most of the front work. I think the college he founded even managed to survive. He was of course never a conventional televangelist after all these events, but like Bakker, he managed to find people sufficiently credulous to keep him in prostitutes or whatever it is he's wanting these days.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Mark - 01-08-2020

Lock. Him. Back. Up!

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Thumpalumpacus - 01-08-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:23 PM)mordant Wrote: I don't know where to begin with this one.

I'd start with PT Barnum, and close my argument with HL Mencken.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Szuchow - 01-08-2020

First thing next first secretary president will do will be expose against cult of personality Wink

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - brewerb - 01-08-2020

If you're lovin on Trump survival food might just be the way to go.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Cheerful Charlie - 01-08-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:23 PM)mordant Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck what that scumbag says.   Big Grin

What is not surprising is that the intelligence of his followers after he's been so thoroughly and objectively discredited as a "man of god" would be low enough to worry about their eternal destiny being tied to Trump. Or, as the case may be ... to NOT worry that the two are tied. I don't know where to begin with this one.

Remember, the average intelligence quotient is 100, meaning about half are below that.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Mark - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 03:08 PM)brewerb Wrote:

How much do you figure we'll need if he gets re-elected?  

Tammy, for those who didn't grow up with her on the tele is a little, singing and crying wad of make up and, like her husband, an ex con.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - brewerb - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Mark Wrote:

I'm assuming that you ask because you want to continue to live.

Personally, I'm purchasing ammo. Lots and lots of ammo.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - julep - 01-08-2020

Tammy, for those who didn't grow up with her on the tele is a little, singing and crying wad of make up and, like her husband, an ex con.

Was...she’s been dead for more than a decade at this point.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Bucky Ball - 01-08-2020

He's angling for a pardon. He wants the felony off his record.

(01-08-2020, 06:17 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 03:08 PM)brewerb Wrote: If you're lovin on Trump survival food might just be the way to go.

You must have a really tough exterior.

(01-08-2020, 06:18 PM)julep Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 03:08 PM)brewerb Wrote: If you're lovin on Trump survival food might just be the way to go.

Toxic poisoning?

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - julep - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 10:50 PM)Mark Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:18 PM)julep Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Mark Wrote: How much do you figure we'll need if he gets re-elected?  

Toxic poisoning?

I think it was some kind of cancer.   Though she might painted some major toxins onto her face.  

However, unlike her awful husband she became quite progressive for a Christian and was a big supporter of gay rights issues in her last years.

(01-08-2020, 10:49 PM)Mark Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:17 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Mark Wrote: How much do you figure we'll need if he gets re-elected?  

You must have a really tough exterior.

Not really. I just hate it when they whine while being stuffed into the pot/oven.

(01-08-2020, 11:02 PM)julep Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 10:50 PM)Mark Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:18 PM)julep Wrote: Was...she’s been dead for more than a decade at this point.

Toxic poisoning?

I think it was some kind of cancer.   Though she might painted some major toxins onto her face.  

However, unlike her awful husband she became quite progressive for a Christian and was a big supporter of gay rights issues in her last years.

Goes to show xtians, like everyone else, can be good or bad - but usually both.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - RobbyPants - 01-09-2020

Who fucking cares? It’s like the Scientologists saying that supporting Trump determines whether or not you have enough the thetans or some shit.

(Sorry. Been drinking Angel )

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Fireball - 01-09-2020

(01-09-2020, 12:10 AM)RobbyPants Wrote: Who fucking cares? It’s like the Scientologists saying that supporting Trump determines whether or not you have enough the thetans or some shit.

(Sorry. Been drinking Angel )

That's true for us atheists, but not for a lot of credible numpties who would buy and consume that crap he sells in the plastic tubs. I'd like to know why he wants to even be associated with survival food, anyway. Is he afraid he won't be brought to heaven in the crapture? No, I know, it only about the money.  Dodgy

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - SYZ - 01-09-2020

Shortly after his arrest, Bakker was pictured, in chained handcuffs, crying for his mommy...

[Image: ecfc5ac0755c42b0d8f9e0aae4386e88.jpg]

Apparently his god was down at his corner store buying some corn
chips and Coke at the time, and missed the event.

RE: Jim Bakker says supporting Trump is "a test of whether you are even saved" - Thumpalumpacus - 01-09-2020

(01-09-2020, 03:00 PM)SYZ Wrote: Shortly after his arrest, Bakker was pictured, in chained handcuffs, crying for his mommy...

[Image: ecfc5ac0755c42b0d8f9e0aae4386e88.jpg]

Apparently his god was down at his corner store buying some corn
chips and Coke at the time, and missed the event.

Crying when you're caught out is run of the mill for these turdballs:

(I just noticed something hilarious: the youtube coding for this particular video includes the character-string "baBy" ... how's that for truth in posting?)