Atheist Discussion
Woman pushes priest off stage - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: Atheism & Theism (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: Woman pushes priest off stage (/showthread.php?tid=3682)

Pages: 1 2

Woman pushes priest off stage - Phaedrus - 07-19-2019

It's been three days, and no one has posted it yet.

So, it's up to me. Whistling

Quote:A woman ran onstage and violently shoved a famous priest during a Mass Sunday in Cachoeira Paulista, a city located 130 miles southwest of São Paulo, Brazil.

The shocked audience of 50,000 can be seen screaming in incredulity.

The priest, who decided to not press charges, wasn't seriously hurt

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Schrodinger's Outlaw - 07-19-2019

although he was speaking stupid I can't tell... didn't the woman find objection to something to do with fat women not being saved? or some stupid shit?

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Chas - 07-19-2019

Article Wrote:Rossi is also a vocal anti-gay crusader, who in 1998 said that “a lot of ideas will change the day homosexuality is proven to be an illness," and in 2012 claimed that same-sex marriage “doesn’t come from God.”

Maybe he deserved it. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Mark - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 06:14 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: It's been three days, and no one has posted it yet.

So, it's up to me.   Whistling

Quote:A woman ran onstage and violently shoved a famous priest during a Mass Sunday in Cachoeira Paulista, a city located 130 miles southwest of São Paulo, Brazil.

Thank you for this intermission from normality.  What I found shocking was that she then dived into the crowd herself.  Maybe she was suicidal?  Kind of like looking to provoke an officer to shoot you, perhaps one could get a crowd of holy rollers to do you in this way.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - brewerb - 07-19-2019

Oh please, the whole thing was fake. That was John Turturro, listen to the voice.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Bucky Ball - 07-19-2019

His chasuble looks just a wee too fluffy. Weeping
( https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chasuble )

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Jenny - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 12:05 PM)Mark Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 06:14 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: It's been three days, and no one has posted it yet.

Thank you for this intermission from normality.  What I found shocking was that she then dived into the crowd herself.  Maybe she was suicidal?  Kind of like looking to provoke an officer to shoot you, perhaps one could get a crowd of holy rollers to do you in this way.

Maybe she was stage diving  Tongue

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Dom - 07-19-2019

I don't know how Catholicism has changed over the decades, or whether it is different regionally, but if I had done that in my church no one would have hurt me, especially in church.  One of the priests would have given me a talk if I was caught. The congregation would have whispered and gossiped for years. The congregation I grew up in was much too proper to make any move in church that wasn't prescribed by the catholic tradition.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Mark - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 01:20 PM)Jenny Wrote:

A prelude to crowd surfing?  Never would have guessed it.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Minimalist - 07-19-2019

Everything that is wrong with catholickism in one video.

Why were all those fucking morons there listening to a man in a stupid costume?

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Thumpalumpacus - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 01:20 PM)Jenny Wrote:

Yeah, I was having flashbacks from the Alice in Chains show I caught in 1993.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - mordant - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 12:05 PM)Mark Wrote: What I found shocking was that she then dived into the crowd herself.  Maybe she was suicidal?

Looks to me like she dove after the priest to pummel him some more.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - mordant - 07-19-2019

"If it's going to be, it's up to me."

Probably the pusher said the same thing to herself.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - skyking - 07-19-2019

Don't hold back, Chas. Tell us what you really think.
Smile

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - epronovost - 07-19-2019

Well...stupid woman assault person on stage...that's something I guess. Nice of the priest not to have pressed charges, she was probably really high on something else than Jesus. Then again, I've never been high on Jesus so I don't have first hand experience on how high you can get on him.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - adey67 - 07-19-2019

Do we have an address for her? You know to send gifts and suchlike  Tongue Angel

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - jerry mcmasters - 07-19-2019

I question her commitment.  There are clearly other priests still on the stage. Dodgy

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - KevinM1 - 07-19-2019

I eagerly await the Jim Ross "Mah gawd, King!" WWE overdub

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Dancefortwo - 07-19-2019

She might be mentally ill or she may have had some dealings with this particular priest in the past that she didn't like and it's payback time.  Or she was fashion conscious and thought he was way over dressed.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Dom - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 08:19 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: She might be mentally ill or she may have had some dealings with this particular priest in the past that she didn't like and it's payback time.  Or she was fashion conscious and thought he was way over dressed.

After she pushed him, before she dove after him, she took a second to stop and brush the hair out of her face, looking at him down there and she looked happy at what she saw.

Maybe he had been insulting her with something for a long time, she looked like a woman who was just delighted to finally get her peace.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - madog - 07-19-2019

Probably a lovers tiff  .... next time he'll pay child maintenance on time  ROFL2

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - TheGentlemanBastard - 07-20-2019

(07-19-2019, 08:47 PM)madog Wrote: Probably a lovers tiff  .... next time he'll pay child maintenance on time  ROFL2

Nah. She's wayyyyy too old for him. Tongue

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - Dom - 07-20-2019

Hmm, he used to be a gym teacher. She wasn't too old for him then...

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - LostLocke - 07-20-2019

(07-19-2019, 01:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: His chasuble looks just a wee too fluffy. Weeping
If he had had better reflexes he could have just opened his arms and glided down safely and uninjured.

RE: Woman pushes priest off stage - TheGulegon - 07-20-2019

I thought is was if he weighs as much as a duck, not if he falls like a rock.  hobo